Monday 1 September 2014

Dunston check in.


             
Bulford
Fenwick, 2
No goals
scored



       3              V        0










Dunston UTS booked their place in the next round of the FA cup with an emphatic 3-0 win over league rivals Durham City.  A goal from Andrew Bulford and a brace from Scott Fenwick, means it will be Dunston and not Durham who will now face Marske United in the the First qualifying round on the 13th September at the GER stadium.  It could prove to be a tough game for The Fed as Marske sit top of the Northern League One at the moment.

Scott Fenwick has certainly been the FA cup hero so far for Dunston this season and on Saturday he scored his 3rd and 4th goals of this years competition after scoring twice in the last round against Morpeth Town.

Obviously I wasn't able to attend this game and therefore would as usual have to rely on any match reports I could find on the internet, unfortunately there are as yet none available as I can find.  

I am sure there will be a match report in the next few days on the clubs official website.  If you would like to have a look at that then please go to their official site  www.dunston-uts-fc.co.uk



On Saturday after I had found out the result of the game I decided I would send my congratulations to the team via the clubs official twitter page, unfortunately when I went to @ them in my twitter message I found that I couldn't.  I went to their twitter page and found out that I had been blocked.

I am not sure why this has happened as the only thing I did was @ them in any blog that I wrote about the club, in fact my last @ included a good luck message before the game on Saturday.

All I am trying to do is write about football as a football fan, the idea of the FA cup glory hunt is to learn a bit more about times that not everyone has heard of.    I have found it very interesting looking at other football clubs websites and getting an insight into other divisions and the history of the clubs.  I do not get any monetary gain from doing these blogs, I do it because I enjoy it and I hope the people who read it enjoy it too.

I have never set out to piss anybody off or poke fun at anybody in this blog, as I understand how hard it must be for these players at this level who do this as well as working in other jobs at the same time.  It wasn't all that long ago that I myself was supporting a non league side, so as a fan I have the utmost respect for these players and the managers and staff who help to keep these clubs going, it must be hard work.

So finally I would just like to apologise to anyone who has read this blog and been offended, as I said it was never my intention.

Anyway congratulations to The Fed as the Cockney Byrites FA Cup Glory Hunt continues.



No comments:

Post a Comment